Calendar of Events
Summer at the Tabernacle
(Presented by the Mt. Gretna Bible Festival)
All Programs in the Historic Mt. Gretna Tabernacle
(Third St. & Glossbrenner Ave.)
All evening programs begin at 7:00 pm.
- Sun., May 26 - Campmeeting Special - Celebrate the National Registrer listing; certificate presentation, etc.
- Sun., June 16 - Andy Roberts Quartet - Jazz Worship; with Andy's "Four Piece" Quartet
- Sun., June 23 - Silver, Wood, and Ivory - Cindy Wittenberg and Tracy Dietrich return with their unique musical skills and passion
- Sat., June 29 -- Jack Hubley - The creator of WGAL-TV"s Wild Moments returns with some more of his animal friends. Bring the children!
- Sun., June 30 - The New Holland Band - classical, patriotic, & sacred music; band directed by Dr. Kenneth Laudermilch
- Sun., July 7 (11:00 am) - Black Eagle Jazz Band - Special worship service at the Mt. Gretna Chautauqua Playhouse
- Sun., July 7 - Men In Harmony - Central Pennsylvania's premier men's Christian choral group makes another appearance in the Tabernacle
- Sun., July 14 -Old Fashioned Hymn Sing, led by Drs. Darrell Woomer & Rod Shearer
- Wed., July 17 - Ministers of Music - an evening of inspirational and spiritual songs by this talented male quartet
- Sun., July 21 (10:00 am) - Dave Stahl and his Sacred Orchestra - a Sunday morning of big band worship and testimonies
- Sun., July 21 (7:00 pm) - Dr. Leonard Sweet - This prolific Christian writer, historian, futurist, and preacher will bring us a powerful gospel message for the "postmodern" age
- Wed., July 24 - Brothers in Grace- Well-known in south central PA, this quartet returns to the Tabernacle for a second time
- Sun., July 28 (10:00am) - Worship Service - The Rev. Al Smith from Lebanon's UM Church of the Good Shepherd will preach
- Sun., July 28 (7:00pm) - Massed Choir Program (175 voices), directed by Lloyd Larson; music by Larson as well as music written especially for Mt. Gretna, celebrating the Campmeeting's listing in the National Register of Historic Places
- Sat., Aug. 3 - Handbell Festival - Music from five local handbell choirs, directed by Sandra Eithun
- Sun., Aug. 4 (8:30am) - Communion Service, Mt. Gretna UM Church
- Sun., Aug. 4 (10:00 am) - Special "Campmeeting" Worship' sermon by the Rev. Joe DiPaulo
- Sun., Aug. 4 (7:00pm) - Pennsylvania Flute Choir also makes a return visit to the Tabermacle
- Sat., Aug. 10 (10:00am) - Puppet and Story Works - special program for the children, co-sponsored by PA Chautauqua
- Sun., Aug. 11 (10:00am) - Morning Worship, the Rev. Mike Remel preaching
- Sun., Aug. 11 (7:00pm) - Mennonite Children's Choir of Lancaster makes its first visit to Mt. Gretna
- Wed., Aug. 14 - Tony Campolo, Guest Preacher, Worship Service
- Sun., Aug. 18 - The Susquehanna Chorale, directed by Linda Tedford
- Sun., Aug. 25 - QuintEssentially Brass, brass quintet from the Lancaster area
Have comments, suggestions of ideas for planning events? Contact us here.