Calendar of Events
Summer at the Tabernacle
(Presented by the Mt. Gretna Bible Festival)
All Programs in the Historic Mt. Gretna Tabernacle
(Third St. & Glossbrenner Ave.)
All evening programs begin at 7:00 pm.
- Sunday, June 15 - 7pm :: Andy Roberts and The Four Piece Quartet is again bringing spiritual jazz to the Tabernacle.
- Saturday, June 21 - 10 am :: Jim Rule presents: Music for children celebrating family, friends, faith and fun.
- Sunday, June 22 - 7 pm :: Brandywine Harp Orchestra: founded in 2000 by Janet Witman. The first U.S. harp orchestra to perform at the Edinburgh Harp Festival, Scotland in 2009
- Sunday, June 29 - 7 pm :: New Holland Band: The annual patriotic and spiritual performance by the symphonic band that traces its origin to 1829; directed by Dr. Kenneth Laudermilch
- Sunday, July 6 - 7 pm :: Jehovah's Traveling Trunk: Led by veteran actor Ted Swartz, Ted & Company Theater Works uses humor and professional storytelling to talk about issues of faith and social justice.
- Sunday, July 13 - 7 pm :: Worship with the Rev. Belita Mitchell and the Harrisburg First Church of the Brethren Choir. We are called to be a Christ-centered multi-cultural community in the inner city, sharing the love, healing, peace, and justice of Christ.
- Sunday, July 20 - 7 pm :: Hymn Sing: Hymns of Praise to God and to Jesus Christ, led by the Revs. Dr. Darrell Woomer and Dr. Rod Shearer Wednesday, July 23 - 7 pm The Keystone Quartet: Praising God southern style and winners of numerous Gospel music awards.
- Sunday, July 27 - 10 am :: Basic'ly Brass: This brass group has been playing for churches and other venues throughout central Pennsylvania for 22 years
- Sunday, July 27 - 7 pm :: Massed Choir Concert: Continuing a tradition that began in 1959, directed by Joe Martin, renowned pianist and composer of sacred works
- Saturday, August 2 - 7 pm :: Handbell Festival: The 23rd annual festival continues under the direction of David Harris, world renowned director of the Raleigh Ringers. This year we will be commemorating the 10th anniversary of the death of the beloved founder of this event, Douglas Floyd Smith.
- Sunday, August 3 - 7 pm :: Mark Cable: Singer, songwriter, humorist and accomplished guitarist. Mark has released 17 CDs and has been touring full time for over 25 years.
- Wednesday, August 6 - 7 pm :: Gospel Magic: Rev. Leo M. Goodman and his magic with a message.
- Sunday, August 10 - 10 am :: Morning Worship: Revs. Dr. Tony Blair and Jo Ann Kunz and the congregations of the Hosanna and Mount Gretna churches.
- Sunday, August 10 - 7 pm :: Tim Zimmerman and the King's Brass: Hymn classics with a contemporary flavor. They have made 16 albums and tour nationally.
- Sunday, August 17 - 7 pm :: Susquehanna Chorale: Directed by Linda Tedford A concert in the historic Tabernacle by this prize winning ensemble is a musical treat to be relished.
- Sunday, August 24 - 7 pm :: QuintEssentially Brass: The quintessential way to close out another memorable season at the Tabernacle.
Have comments, suggestions of ideas for planning events? Contact us here.