2015 Calendar of Events
Summer at the Tabernacle
(Presented by the Mt. Gretna Bible Festival)
All Programs in the Historic Mt. Gretna Tabernacle
(Third St. & Glossbrenner Ave.)
All evening programs begin at 7:00 pm.
- Sunday, June 21 - 7pm - Andy Roberts and The Four Piece Quartet opens the season praising God through spiritual jazz.
- Sunday, June 28 - 7 pm - New Holland Band: The annual patriotic and spiritual performance by the symphonic band that traces its origin to 1829; directed by Dr. Kenneth Laudermilch
- Sunday, July 5 - 7 pm - Men in Harmony return to celebrate the Fourth of July and MIH’s 15th Anniversary with Sacred and Patriotic selections.
- Sunday, July 12 - 7 pm - Worship with Calvary Church of Lancaster. The Rev. Dave Allen is speaking. Music provided by John Frye and the church.
- Wednesday, July 15 - 7 pm - Hymn Sing: The Life and Hymns of Fanny Crosby, led by the Revs. Dr. Darrell Woomer and Dr. Rod Shearer. Don't miss this!
- Sunday, July 19 - 7 pm - Shane Claiborne Christian social activist and author of The Irresistible Revolution: Living as an Ordinary Radical
- Wednesday, July 22 - 7 pm - Tony Campolo, professor emeritus at Eastern University and founder of the Evangelical Association for the Promotion of Education. He has written more than 35 Christian books.
- Sunday, July 26 - 7 pm - Massed Choir Concert: more than 175 voices accompanied by an orchestra. Conducted by nationally known director Mark Hayes, the program features several of his anthems.
- Wednesday, July 29 - 7 pm - Brothers in Grace bring Southern Gospel to the Tabernacle, blessed to be serving Him through music.
- Saturday, August 1 - 7 pm - A Festival of Handbell Choirs will ring music to the Praise and Glory of God, under the direction of Shawn Gingrich from First United Methodist Church of Hershey.
- Sunday, August 2 - 7 pm - The Lancaster British Brass Band sound has been compared to "one big, magnificent pipe organ." Program includes classics, marches, hymns, solos and original compositions.
- Wednesday, August 5 - 7 pm - The Trust Trio, singing together for 25 years, bring the Gospel through their inspirational music.
- Sunday, August 9 - 7 pm - The 180 voice National Christian Choir, the most sought after choral group in recent memory, will sing their praises to the Lord. You will be blessed and inspired! Come early for seats.
- Sunday, August 16 - 7 pm - Susquehanna Chorale founded in 1981 by artistic director Linda Tedford, has emerged as one of the outstanding choral ensembles in the United States.
- Sunday, August 23 - 7 pm - QuintEssentially Brass: The quintessential way to close out another memorable season at the Tabernacle.
Tabernacle Ecumenical Worship Services
Fridays in June at 7 p.m.
- THEME :: In God We Have
- June 5 - Confidence -Pastor James Hahn from St. Luke's United Church of Christ
- June 12 - Chaos - Pastor Thomas McKinnon from Donegal Presbyterian Church
- June 19 - Comfort - Pastor John Davis from St. Paul's United Methodist Church
- June 26 - Our Being - Father Job Foote from St. Paul the Apostle R.C. Church
Saturday mornings at 10 am
- In partnership with the Pennsylvania Chautauqua
- June 13 - Jack Hubley of WGAL's Wild Moments returns with his animal friends.
- August 22 - Chuckles the Clown shares the Gospel with children through laughter and comedy.
Have comments, suggestions of ideas for planning events? Contact us here.